We are writing to provide you with information regarding COVID-19. The situation is evolving quickly, and our Board of Directors met today by phone to decide about next steps for our operations during this situation.
Effective immediately (Sunday, March 15, 2020), and until further notice, Twice Upon a Time will:
- Suspend services at all locations:
- Overbrook Community Centre
- Heartwood House
- Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa (Don McGahan Club House, Rochester Heights, and Tomlinson Family Foundation Club House)
- Taggart Family YMCA Housing Office
- Rochester Heights Community House
- Somerset West Community Health Centre
- Minwaashin Lodge
- Centretown Community Health Centre
- Van Lang Community House
- Suspend participation in community events and book drives
- Continue to receive donations as long as our partner facilities remain open (Books on Beechwood, Octopus Books, Coin du Livre, Dymon Storage on Coventry Rd.)
- Hold regular meetings of the Twice Upon a Time Executive using electronic methods
- Postpone our Volunteer Appreciation event (currently tentatively scheduled for May, and our AGM (currently tentatively scheduled for April 2020).
Our decisions were made in order to promote social isolation, in consideration of the fact that we are a volunteer-run organization, and in light of the recent announcements regarding school, library, and community centre closures.
During this difficult time, we encourage everyone to:
We will keep you informed regarding our re-opening dates, in consultation with our community partners, and our revised AGM date. Thank you!