Give the Gift of Reading to Ottawa children
This Giving Season, you can make a real difference to Ottawa children by supporting Twice Upon a Time. Since 2014, we have given away almost 40,000 carefully selected books to local children. We are currently working on a number of exciting plans for 2023 that will allow us to continue fulfilling our mission of supporting literacy and fostering a love of reading at home.
As a registered not-for-profit, Twice Upon a Time relies on volunteers and community partners, as well as generous individual donors. By making a financial donation to Twice Upon a Time, you can help put more books into the hands and homes of children in Ottawa. Every donation counts, allowing us to buy much-needed books and cover program costs:
- $5 = one new book with high contrast images and large print for readers with low-vision
- $25 = three new (un-chewed!) board books for our very youngest readers
- $50 = four new books for the ReconciliAction campaign
- $75 = six new French books for the Kids Today! or Joie de livre ! campaigns
- $100 = 8 new chapter books or graphic novels for our pre-teen readers
- $325 = one month of storage costs for Twice Upon a Time
Making a donation
is easy to do, and there are so many ways to give: make a one-time online donation, send a cheque, schedule a monthly donation, or make a gift of securities. How you give is up to you, and all online financial donations will result in an immediate charitable tax receipt.
This Giving Season, support Twice Upon a Time and Give the Gift of Reading to Ottawa children!