As thanks to Twice Upon a Time’s founder and first President, we are delighted to announce the “Alexandra’s Picks” fund. Donations made to this fund will be used to purchase new books for Ottawa kids, as selected by Alexandra Yarrow.
Each year, Alexandra will curate a list of new favourites for us to purchase and distribute in our pop-up shops and other events and through our community partners. Thank you, Alexandra, for everything you’ve done for local families and for your dream of a free books for children service for Ottawa!
Alexandra has already sent us her first list of titles that she hopes Ottawa families will love and cherish.
To make a donation to the Alexandra’s Picks fund, please click here. We thank you for your generosity.
Alexandra’s Picks – 2022:
- Wemberley Worried by Kevin Henkes
- A Colour of His Own by Leo Lionni
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- I Kissed the Baby! by Mary Murphy
- Where Is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox
- The Heart and the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers
- One by Kathryn Otoshi
- Little You by Richard van Camp
- Le grand livre des câlins par Guido van Genechten
- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
- Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
- Bink & Gollie by Kate DiCamillo
- Alvin Ho series by Lenore Look
- Won-Ton A Cat Tale Told in Haiku by Lee Wardlaw
- This Child, Every Child: A Book About the World’s Children by David J. Smith
- My Dog is As Smelly As Dirty Socks: And Other Funny Family Portraits by Hanoch Piven Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
- Black on White by Tana Hoban
- Sweetest Kulu by Celina Kalluk
- Matilda by Roald Dahl